Friday 10 February 2012

I Remember That Feeling Of Not Feeling .......

 

I remember the day when I lost it all.
I remember not feeling,
Yet knowing exactly how it feels when your heart breaks.
I remember that feeling… of not feeling.
I remember hearing those words.
Those words that caused my heart to break.
I remember not being given a choice.
I remember watching my dreams, being ripped from my hands.
I remember my world spinning out of control.
And then I remember the feeling of my heart breaking.
I remembered my heart.
My heart that is strong, resilient, brave, happy, stubborn, grateful…
But mostly full of life.
And because of my heart, I refused to let you take it all.
And because of God’s good grace, he helped me back on my feet.
He gave me a second chance.
And with this second chance, I promise I will not let you down.
I am not perfect.
I am not even great.
I am just ok
All I can do is be grateful, and work hard.
I will forever know that feeling of not feeling.
I will never forget what it felt like when my heart broke.
I will never forget, because I feel.
Because I refused to let you take my heart away.
I am here because I was given a second chance.
This second chance to share what gives me life,
What moves my soul.
All because I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment